Total Pageviews

Christopher Luna by Alisha Jucevic for the Columbian

Christopher Luna by Alisha Jucevic for the Columbian
Christopher Luna by Alisha Jucevic for the Columbian

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Ghost Town, USA: January/February/March 2009

I refer to Vancouver as Ghost Town because sometimes there is no one in sight, even in the middle of the day. As a New Yorker, I find this unsettling. My chapbook, "Ghost Town, USA" features five years of poems and observations of life in The 'Couve. If you'd like to order a copy, email me, or visit Cover to Cover Books or Angst Gallery in Vancouver.
I will occasionally post new Ghost Town entries. Your comments are always welcome.
GHOST TOWN, USA January 2009
January 31
Sign outside a church:
GIVE GOD WHAT IS RIGHT NOT WHAT IS LEFT
GHOST TOWN, USA February 2009
February 14 Waiting for the #32 Evergreen Blvd. & U St.
Man to his son, who is digging in the back yard: “You’re gonna do good when I sell you to those Chinese people.” “No, “I’m not!”
2/28
Upper middle class women and their mothers take Hummers to Safeway to pick up poinsettias and birthday cakes: you never know when you might encounter an Iraqi insurgent hiding in the dairy aisle or a tweaker with a Rocket Propelled Grenade Launcher
GHOST TOWN, USA March 2009
Graffiti inside the stall of a Clark College men’s room:
My Ass can Beatbox! Gay? That’s Okay! Strait? You’re Second Rate!
Aurora Gallery Main Street First Friday Artwalk March 6
“He had an Irish name I can’t remember. I don’t remember Irish names so good.”
3/10
Clark College Tutoring Center Annex: “I broke my last boyfriend’s nose twice. I walked in on him
fucking someone else in my Mom’s bed….That reminds me—
I need to make a quiche."
Christopher Luna

No comments: