Total Pageviews

Christopher Luna by Alisha Jucevic for the Columbian

Christopher Luna by Alisha Jucevic for the Columbian
Christopher Luna by Alisha Jucevic for the Columbian

Friday, March 11, 2011

Upcoming performances by songwriter Matt Meighan


From Matt:

Hi,


I get to play 3 shows this weekend: with the trio and duo on Friday & Saturday, and then Sunday in a house-concert-like setting at Artichoke Music with my friend Colorado songwriter Danny Shafer. (You can read about it in the Southeast Examiner, at http://news.mywebpal.com/news_tool_v2.cfm?pnpID=667&NewsID=996374&CategoryID=8229&show=localnews&om=1).

Monday, current members of my "Songwriting as Truth-Telling" classes will perform songs they've written in the class, at Alberta Street Pub. Details are below; I hope you'll join me for one of these shows:

Friday 3/11 - Matt Meighan Trio at McMenamin's Grand Lodge
w/ Sherry Pendarvis on upright bass and Michael Henchman on guitar
7 - 10 pm, free, 3505 Pacific Ave., Forest Grove, OR
www.mcmenamins.com/426-grand-lodge-home

Saturday 3/12 - Matt Meighan Duo at Edgefield Winery
w/Sherry Pendarvis on upright bass
7 - 9 pm, free, 2126 SW Halsey, Troutdale, OR
www.mcmenamins.com/885-edgefield-winery-tasting-room

Sunday 3/13 - Danny Shafer & Matt Meighan at Artichoke Music
7 - 10 pm, $12, 3130 SE Hawthorne, Portland

Danny is one of my musical mentors and heroes and I look forward to sharing the stage with him!

Monday 3/14 - Truth-telling Songwriters at Alberta Street Pub

Members of my songwriting class share songs they wrote in class. Hosted by Alexa Wiley.

7 - 10, free, 1036 NE Alberta St, Portland
www.albertastreetpub.com/


All of these shows and all my other upcoming shows are on my website, at http://mattmeighan.com/shows.php. Thanks for supporting live local music!

- Matt

No comments: