Total Pageviews

Christopher Luna by Alisha Jucevic for the Columbian

Christopher Luna by Alisha Jucevic for the Columbian
Christopher Luna by Alisha Jucevic for the Columbian

Friday, September 21, 2018

Hearth & Home: A Poem by Angelo Luna

This poem was my son's birthday present to me. I cannot read it without crying. Seeing what he has to say about me at 18 leaves me astounded, and so proud. I could not be prouder of the sweet, funny, philosophical person he is. I marvel at all that he has done, and can't wait to see what incredible experiences await him. 

I am truly blessed.

Thank you, son.

Christopher Luna


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well said, Angelo!! You're empowered by your own talented self, and the love, support, and reciprocal interactions in the world you've lived with all of your life. Your Father is a wonderful model; I'm glad you recognize that fact of your life. Love and Best Wishes to you! You have an exciting life ahead!!!

Reggie Marra said...

"Knowledge is a living fan base of all the bullshit that this world produces, so get rid of all the knowledge and focus on the love."

Indeed.

Sorry I missed you last week, Angelo.

Christopher, nice job bypassing the "letter of" Angelo's request not to post this on Facebook.

Love to you both, and Toni too.

Toni said...

I was in the room when Angelo read this and all the air left my body. It was one of those times when emotions were palpable and the love between them lingered thickly. It was a privilege to be there. I love them both.